compensation: To be discussed during job interview. employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Local Fine Arts Institute is looking for teachers.
Music Teachers: Piano, Guitar, Flute, Violin and Percussion.
Dance Teachers: Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Modern Dance, Hip-Hop and Ballroom Dancing.
Art Teachers: Drawing, Painting and Sculpture.
Modeling Teachers: Good Manners, Diction, Posture, Wardrobe, Acting, Photography.
* Teachers will be able to implements the program of instruction that adheres to the company’s philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the adopted courses of study.
* Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
* Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning opportunity and provides real-world, application based examples and learning opportunities.
* Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of understanding regarding each student’s abilities and needs. Maintain accurate and complete student records.
* Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each student.
* Assesses student strengths and weaknesses on a frequent basis, provides appropriate activities to address student needs and generates progress reports as required.
* Coordinates class field trips (as required).
* Assists in the on-going curriculum revision process, including the revision of written courses of study.
* Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
* Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
* Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
* Maintains positive rapport with students; demonstrates patience and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child.
* Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated work on display as appropriate.
* Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct.
* Develops reasonable rules of classroom, policy and guidelines, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and consistent manner.
* Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect supplies, equipment, materials and facilities needed to implement effectively the planned instructional program.
* Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
* Communicates clearly (English & Spanish languages), consistently and positively with parents via all appropriate mediums.
* Maintains confidentiality regarding student records.
* Participates in parent communication activities.
* Participates in extracurricular activities to ensure a positive school culture and provide support for students and staff (as required).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; support the company’s values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively.
* Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative staff. Is sensitive to sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations present themselves.
* Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful.
* Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to solicit feedback to improve performance.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities