Are you passionate about transforming lives?
No matter what the job, every employee at Florida Technical College contributes to helping others succeed. A passion for education, a commitment to results and an overriding dedication to our students are a must to thrive in our work environment.
We now have immediate openings for Bilingual Culinary Arts Program Coordinators!
As the Culinary Arts Program Coordinator you will offer assistance and support to the educational and administrative processes of the Culinary Arts department. Your main tasks will be concentrated in five main areas: Teaching, Student Retention, Curriculum, Accreditation, and Learning Assessment Processes.
• Diploma in Baking or Culinary Arts.
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience in the hospitality program field.
• Minimum 3 years of successful teaching experience at the college level, preferably in the proprietary school setting.
• Certificates in ServSafe® with National Restaurant Association.
• Must possess current professional certifications and/or licenses as appropriate to program.
• Current knowledge of applicable legislation, standards, policies, and procedures within specialty area.
• Bilingual (Spanish- English).
• Knowledge and successful use of educational foundations and effective instructional techniques and methods.
• Knowledge of academic and vocational/technical program administration in community and/or vocational college settings.
• Prepare, plan and teach a minimum of two classes per quarter, offered in a selected modality by adhering to instructor guidelines as described in the FTC Faculty Handbook.
• Meet or exceed monthly and annual program outcomes, including retention, placement, certifications, monthly benchmarks, and annual goals.
• Monitor daily student attendance within the program and provide necessary measures to ensure high daily attendance and retention.
• Monitor the daily contact of absent students by instructor in program.
• Provide active support to the college administration to help achieve the goals and objectives of the college.
• Assist with the hiring process of instructors for program.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and negotiating skills.
• Skill in developing and examining operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing effective strategies and procedures.