HVAC CAD Technician
QR Code Link to This Post
Westbrook Service Corporation
Construction Services Group
GREAT people want to work for GREAT companies! That’s why you should join Westbrook!
GREAT Benefits – Our employees enjoy competitive wages and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, 401k with company match, paid holidays and vacations and more!
Responsibilities of the CAD Technician include:
• Prepare dimensional and/or layout drawings for installation and/or fabrication of equipment, sheet metal and hydronic piping systems
• Attend/participate in coordination meetings.
• Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design or coordination changes
• Review contract documents (drawings, specifications, submittals, etc.) for incorporation into coordinated drawings
• Leading/facilitating the BIM coordination process with other trade subcontractors (electrician, structural steel, plumbing, fire protection, etc.)
• Organizing and directing all project planning and progress meetings with construction group management team as required;
• Participating in pre-construction activities as required;
• Embracing ongoing training and development to ensure the highest standards of professionalism, project management effectiveness, technical competence and industry knowledge.
• Providing consistent leadership, a positive attitude, and unwavering commitment to teamwork and world-class customer service in the delivery of all construction group projects.
GREAT candidates for the CAD Technician position will have:
• Preferred with minimum of five years trade-related experience;
• Knowledge of Revit, Navisworks & Autocad Fabrication CAD MEP (preferred).
• 3+ years of CAD Technician experience delivering mechanical solutions and installations in commercial construction environments with a proven track record of delivering superior performance results;
• Comprehensive working knowledge of mechanical HVAC systems (design, operation, etc.) to include chilled water and heating hot water systems; sheet metal
• In-depth ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints and specifications;
• Basic knowledge of industry standard construction accounting practices;
• A solid understanding of sheet metal and hydronic fittings
• Understanding of HVAC value engineering concepts and applications;
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• A passion for working in a high performance, team environment and developing and maintaining long-term customer relationships.
People are our most important asset, so we only hire GREAT ones! If you are ready to begin a GREAT career with a GREAT company, please send us your resume today!