Do you love eating healthy produce and experiencing the seasons through local food? We’re looking for enthusiastic teammates for our markets who will learn about our seasonal vegetables and recommend good options for our customers. This work is performed outside, requires early setup, and interaction with lots of friendly customers. Teammates will begin by learning the setup and stocking that makes a successful market. After a few successful markets teammates will learn how to serve customers and ring up sales.
Market Staffers - arrive at market and assist with set up, sales, customer service, and break down. Retail and food service experience is helpful. Training starts at $10/hr for first three markets. Then earn a flat rate pay per market ($100/WPFM) plus veggies to take home + employee discount.
Market Coordinators - pack up equipment and products, drive to markets, set up, sales, customer service, break down, unload, and post-market accounting. You must have at least 8 weeks of experience as a market staffer (or previous farmers market experience) to work as a Coordinator. Training starts at $11/hr, once able to coordinate independently earn $15/hr).
Hours: Saturdays 5:30 am - 2:00 pm
Location: Winter Park Farmers Market
• Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
• Enjoy sales work and customer service
• Outgoing personality, willing to talk to people
• Non-tobacco user
• Ability to use a Square register and count back accurate change
• Ability to document inventory and keep written logs
• Ability to pass background check and/or provide professional references
• Ability to communicate professionally and courteously with other staff and customers
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to everyone regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or identity, national origin
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
• Ability to stand for several hours at a time on pavement
• Ability and willingness to operate a farmers market in any type of weather
• Physical endurance and ability to prepare yourself for working outdoors with proper rest, hydration, nutrition and attire
• Intrinsically motivated to do an efficient, high-quality job
• Attention to detail
• Interest in cooking and/or organic farming
• Interest in helping to create an alternative to the industrial food system and supplying people in your community with healthy food.
• Willing to wear mask while working per City of Winter Park regulations, wash hands frequently and follow all food safety instructions
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys getting up early, interacting with customers, getting some physical activity. We offer opportunities for advancement and higher wages. Additional delivery work may be available.
HOW TO APPLY:
First, visit www.frogsongorganics.com to learn more about what we do. Then please email us:
1) Your contact information, any applicable experience and available start date
2) Contact information three work references
3) Brief description of your favorite vegetable - your application is not complete without # 3
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers