Hours: 30 -- 40 hours / week; must be flexible with scheduling including Saturdays and rotating emergency on-call / treatment weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
Rate of Pay: Pending experience
Supports veterinarians and technicians by handling and restraining patients, assisting during examinations and treatment, keeping accurate medical records, performing basic grooming and husbandry procedures, and providing client education. Supports practice operations by promoting hospital services and products, cleaning and maintaining equipment and facilities, assisting client service specialists, and performing janitorial, clerical, and administrative work. Ability to multi-task, process samples, take initiative, and manage designated tasks efficiently. Familiarity with Cornerstone and bi-lingual language skills are a plus but not required.
• Demonstrates a passion for hospitality and empathy for teammates, clients, and members of the public, ad a commitment to excellence in patient care.
• Communicates clearly and courteously with teammates, clients, vendors, colleagues, and members of the public in person, by phone, and through written electronic means.
• Facilitates patient visits and assists veterinarians and technicians during physical examinations, client consultations and outpatient treatments. Assists veterinarians and technicians to ensure safe, efficient office visits meeting the needs of the patients and the requests of the clients
• Safely handles and restrains compliant dogs and cats using low-stress techniques appropriate for procedure(s) being performed.
• Creates and maintains electronic and physical client and patient records; transcribes doctors' and technicians' observations in medical record; prepares discharge instructions and client education materials as directed by veterinarians.
• Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of facilities, including inventory and restocking of supplies, sanitation and disinfection of kennels, bedding, examination rooms, and other hospital facilities, and sanitation of hospital grounds.
• Cleans and maintains medical equipment and instruments; sterilizes surgical and dental instruments, equipment, and laundry.
• Assists client service specialists with incoming phone calls, scheduling appointments, and client check-in/check-out procedures.
• Prepares for surgical, dental, and other procedures with attention to asepsis, sanitation, and order; cleans and disinfects surgical and dental areas following procedures.
• Assists in collection, preparation, and processing of laboratory samples and medical images.
• Assists in nursing care, triage, and discharge of patients
• Labels, packages, and dispenses non-controlled drugs and biologics as prescribed by veterinarians.
Minimum Job Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent and/or veterinary technician certification; 3-5+ years of related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity with and ability to identify common breeds of cats and dogs
• Comfortable handling and working with large working breed canines
• Word processing skill to prepare medical records and basic business correspondence. General knowledge of common Windows and web-based computer applications including G-mail, web browsers, and Microsoft Word. Ability to learn and effectively use desktop and web-based applications used in practice operations.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and simple business correspondence. Ability to write simple business correspondence. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly using proper English to answer, triage, and route phone calls to appropriate personnel. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to client and teammates using appropriate vocabulary and grammar
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in American and metric units of length, volume, capacity, mass, and weight, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to convert between American and metric measurements of volume, mass, and weight. Ability to make change involving all denominations of American currency.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, checklist, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to take dictation and accurately transcribe medical information. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardizing situations.
• Ability to perform repetitive work according to set procedures, sequence, and pace. Ability to perform effectively under conditions of fluctuating workload. Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with limited direction. Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and work as part of a team. Ability to receive and act upon constructive feedback and criticism. Ability to collaborate with colleagues. Ability to establish rapport and gain the trust of clients, prospects, and visitors. Ability to interact warmly and diplomatically with clients, in a high volume, continuous contact setting. Ability to work in the presence of distraught or emotional pet owners.
• Requires ability to frequently stand, walk, use hands and figures to type, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, speak, and hear. Must frequently lift and / or move up to 30 lbs unassisted and up to 150 lb with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Requires frequent exposure to computers / monitors, strong odors, loud animal noises, animal body fluids including feces and urine, x-ray radiation, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and exposures to outdoor weather conditions, including extreme heat
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers