compensation: Up to $17.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
General Statement/Purpose of Job:
The Sheet Metal Group Lead is responsible for the production of sheet metal components on his/her shift. He/she is required to follow the sheet metal schedule and work directly with the sheet metal supervisor to achieve daily production goals, measured by safety, quality, delivery, and cost metrics. The Group Lead is the interface between sheet metal and the rest of the department and/or other departments and gives direction to all members of the sheet metal department on the shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, One or more of the following:
• Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment
• Maintain an attitude that supports company policies and goals
• Provide feedback to management regarding sheet metal operators and associates’ performance
• Participate in continuous improvement activities
• Ensure that product quality is acceptable prior to job completion:
o Monitor and enforce operator quality checks
o Check the quality of fabricated parts on each job and additionally as needed
o Communicate with the Quality department regarding questions or issues
o Enforce quality policies and procedures
• Direct responsibilities of team members based on schedule:
o Divide responsibilities to meet production goals
o Re-direct efforts when obstacles arise
o Facilitate the movement of employees during job changeovers
o Direct available resources to attain schedule execution
• Maximize team member productivity by:
o Alerting supervisor of any problems prior to sheet metal operators being delayed
o Facilitating movement of material throughout department
o Coordinating movement of employees between machines
o Monitoring machine uptime and providing feedback to operators
o Coaching team members on improvements to be made
• Calculate and record production of the machines/operators:
o Record and communicate performance based on safety, quality, delivery, and cost metrics
o Identify areas of improvement and provide suggestions to supervisor
o Track data over time to observe trends
• Receive instructions from supervisor and communicate to sheet metal operators
• Dismiss operators at end of shift based on direction from supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High energy level with ability to take initiative
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Must be able to read, speak, and interpret English
• Positive and progressive attitude
• Dedication to job responsibilities and company goals
• Able to work in a team setting
• Good manual dexterity
• Able to stand for 8 to 12 hours
• Able to work in warehouse environment
• Able to follow and give direction
• Knowledge of operating RF scanners and pallet jacks
• Proficiency with calipers and protractor
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• HS diploma or equivalent preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part the work environment includes ambient outside temperatures, naturally lit work areas and traditional warehouse equipment as found in a typical warehouse environment. The performance of this position requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to thirty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
In the performance of their respective duties and responsibilities all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Call 386-738-0037 ext.0
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers