The Administrative Assistant/Job developer is responsible for ensuring that the general
office tasks are effectively accomplished, and provides administrative support. Among others, the incumbent in this position receives telephone calls; performs data entry; maintains the general files; schedules appointments; performs scanning and binding functions, as needed.
This individual is responsible for assisting the Employment Specialists in research to develop, locate,
and secure job openings for customers referred to for job placement; developing and
completing appropriate job applications, and communicating with staff regarding case status.
Experience, Education, and Skills Required
High school degree, or GED, required. Minimum of one year experience in a general office position
required, if possible in a professional vocational firm or in the service industry with heavy client contact.
Exceptional organizational and verbal communication skills required. Must be friendly, smile easily, and have the ability to build rapport. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and to communicate with tact and diplomacy. Must demonstrate a willingness to take on additional projects. Must be organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasked, and flexible. Must exhibit an enthusiastic, pleasing, conscientious, and cooperative style. Must have good problem solving, prioritization, and follow-through skills. Must have the ability to work effectively with many interruptions in an environment dominated by customer/staff needs. Working knowledge of Microsoft software (Outlook, Excel, and Word)is required. Must demonstrate professional social skills and proper etiquette. Must possess ability and desire to work in a team-oriented culture. Must be trustworthy and credible. Must possess sense of ownership, maturity, healthy pride and willingness to work hard.
Position Functions and Duties
1. Receive incoming telephone calls.
2. Greet customers, clients and other guests. Answer client questions and respond to concerns.
3. Communicate status of case (via phone, email, in person) with vocational rehabilitation center
4. Maintain customer and general files, including filing and archiving records.
7. Complete customer on-line applications and assist with other related duties assigned.
8. Assist employees in research projects, material projects, correspondence, and other administrative tasks as needed.
9. Conduct labor market research, including researching newspapers, agencies, web sites, and other
resources for job leads; collecting data from employers related to job orders including job
requirements and skills; keeping updated regarding professional/community organizations that are
involved in job placement activities and Internet resources; researching various resume programs.
10. Contact prospective employers via the telephone to inquire about job openings, whether the employer is hiring, and the job criteria required for open positions.
11. Complete and maintain current on-line job applications for clients with appropriate customers.
12. Prepare resumes for clients from available data in clients’ files.
13. Document all contact with clients and complete case notes.
14. In keeping with company protocols, at all times, represent the company with the highest level
of professionalism, confidence, and business courtesy.
15. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities