compensation: Hourly plus comprehensive benefit package. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
S.I. Goldman Company is looking for Welders with experience welding of all types of material, pipe, and joints such as black steel, socket welds, stainless steel, etc. Must be able to perform x-ray quality welds.
The individual should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take full ownership of the job requirements.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The essential functions listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of a Welder. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screening.
Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license and clean motor vehicle report.
• Weld all types of material, pipe, and joints such as black steel, socket welds, stainless steel, etc.
• Perform x-ray quality welds.
• Assist Pipefitter with layout and installation which will include manually hoisting pipe, hangers, and support this position.
• Ability to understand, speak, and write in English.
• Advanced knowledge of work methods, techniques, materials, and tools used in metal fabrication.
• Demonstrated experience in welding of carbon steel pipe.
• Ability to weld at extreme heights on ladders, scaffolding, man lifts, etc. in all positions.
• Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from peers, supervisor/foreman, and management.
• Ability to understand and calculate basic mathematical figures and amounts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, monetary amounts, and volume).
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
• Must adhere to company’s Code of Ethics.
• Must practice good safety habits.
• Must follow instructions and meet set company/customer standards.
• Ability to work overtime and weekend as required.
• Maintain a positive attitude and willingness to work in a team environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• High School diploma or equivalent GED.
• Minimum five (5) years’ welding experience.
• Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) experience, required.
• Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) or Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) experience, preferred.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION
• Must hold a valid Florida drivers’ license, minimum Class E.
• OSHA 10 Certification (must have or obtain after hire).
• Must be able to certify in STICK Welding.
• Must be able to pass Pipe Welding 6G Certification.
This position reports directly to Project Foreman or Lead person on job site. There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Individual is frequently required to stand for long periods of time.
• Individual is required to see, talk, hear, sit, and walk.
• Individual is required to perform hand and finger manipulation to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls.
• Individual is required to reach with hands and arms.
• Individual is required to climb, balance, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and walk.
• Individual may occasionally lift and/or carry up to 75 pounds.
• Individual is sometimes required to work from a ladder or scaffolding at great heights and weld in all positions.
• Individual must have the ability to hear individuals talking.
• Individual must have the ability to see well up close and far away, the ability to distinguish colors, good peripheral vision and depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The individual frequently works in outside weather conditions.
• The individual is occasionally exposed to hot/cold, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office or moderately loud when in the field.
Travel to various job sites and company offices within the Central Florida area is required.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
S.I. Goldman Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers