compensation: Based on experience. Competitive pay with benefits. Weekly Payroll employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
General Contracting Firm Seeking Working Site Superintendent who can push a job forward!
Job Title: Site Superintendent – New Construction – Commercial
Location: Florida, Based out of Orlando (Mobile)
Job Type: Full Time
We are seeking an experienced Site Superintendent for new site construction projects including municipal park projects, storm water and boating access facilities. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all trades, planning and updating project schedule and effectively managing daily on site activities. The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and client while successfully directing the sub-contractors and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget. This individual will work closely with the Project Manager and fulfill an integral role on the project. We are seeking a hands-on, working Site Superintendent who knows how to push the project forward.
Candidate must be professional and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self development within the company.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Site Superintendent:
• Assist in the preparation of the project schedule.
• Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the site design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
• Review and accept the general conditions budget.
• Assemble the job site office and equipment requirements.
• Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team/client as well as effectively lead the trades.
• Contact, schedule and coordinate all subcontractors, suppliers and utilities.
• Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis.
• Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings.
• Inform the Project Manager of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the Consultant’s design drawings.
• Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
• Coordinate and direct independent testing and inspections as required.
• Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
• Maintain control and responsibility for the security and operation of all directly owned or leased equipment on the job site.
• Control and monitor labor, material and equipment expenses. Assist in the preparation of the monthly cost forecasting summaries.
• Ensure that “as-built” drawings are prepared on an ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period.
• Coordinate all required municipal inspections.
• Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists.
• Maintain a neat and tidy site office and meeting room.
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Minimum 4 years experience as a Site Superintendent on new civil construction and site development.
• College or university degree in a construction related field an asset.
• Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers